“Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter.” Ansel Adams
Visual Words of Wisdom
EVERYONE can participate in this challenge. It doesn’t matter if you are using a professional camera, a point and shoot, or even your cell phone camera.
It doesn’t matter if you are an incredible photographer or if you just barely started taking pictures. You are not in competition with anyone but yourself.
It is simply a challenge to push ourselves a bit beyond our comfort zones, to find creative ways share who we are with others, and quite honestly just to interact and have some fun together.
What is the challenge?
You will take one picture for each of the quotes below that you feel tells the story, or correlates somehow. It is 100% up to you how you interpret these quotes and what they mean to you, so ya really can’t get it wrong.
The Photo Challenge Quotes
- “When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for you to stand upon or you will be taught to fly.” Patrick Overton
- “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” Scott Adams
- “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” Buddha.
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” Mark Twain
- “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” Albert Camus
- “The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude.” Robert Brault
- “Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” Hermann Hesse
- “When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls!” Ted Grant
- “Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.” E. Joseph Cossman
- “I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” Robert Frost
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” Carl W. Buechner
The picture must have been taken by YOU during the 30 day challenge, so don’t look through your old shots for something to use, or use a picture someone else has taken.
Be creative with your ideas!
We have 30 days to complete the challenge, but you can do all 11 in one day if you want, or spread it out throughout the 30 days. The challenge will run May 1 – May 31st, but I have no problem with anyone getting started now if they wish.
The order that you complete the challenge is not important, just let us know which quote the submitted picture applies to.
During The Photo Challenge
It will greatly help us follow your progress if you notify us of the location (link) and thumbnail of each new submission to the Official Visual Words of Wisdom Photo Challenge thread and it will also enter you in a random drawing for a free V7N Directory submission.
If you are able to, I would truly appreciate if you would spread the word about the V7N Visual Words of Wisdom Photo Challenge on Facebook, Twitter, your blog, and other social networking sites.
The more people we are able to get involved, the more fun it will be!
J. Cricket Walker of CricketWalker.com